Poplar Works is our basecamp, HQ, and the centre of our community. It's home to 25 studios, an events space and café, as well as the Making for Change programme.
384 Abbott Road, London, E14 0UX
Studios at Poplar Works have all the facilities that you need to create a home for your business, build a network and grow. Studios range in size from 2 to 6 people.
- All the basics covered: ample natural light, lots of plugs, and high speed internet in all studios
- Lift access for first floor spaces
- A café and shared social spaces on site. You’ll have plenty of chance to meet other members or hold meetings with clients
- A dedicated events space to host workshops, exhibitions and events
- Delivery bays outside the building
- Secure bicycle parking on site
- Be part of the Poplar Works network of businesses
- 9 minutes’ walk to Langdon Park DLR. Bromley-By-Bow Station is 13 minutes’ away
- There is parking available for rental within five minutes’ walk
- On site production unit at Making for Change
Poplar Works is also home to Making for Change, London College of Fashion’s training and manufacturing unit, and five Centre for Fashion Enterprise incubator studios. From September 2020, London College of Fashion, UAL’s Fashion Entrepreneurship and Innovation MA programme will be taking place at Poplar Works.
Make and Mend with Asma Begum – How to mend a tear
Asma Begum began her Make and Mend sessions at Poplar Works in 2020. Unfortunately, sessions are on hold until the restrictions ease. However in the meantime, to keep you making and mending, Asma has made a series of 'how to videos'.
Make and Mend with Asma Begum – How to sew a button hole
Asma Begum began her Make and Mend sessions at Poplar Works in 2020. Unfortunately, sessions are on hold until the restrictions ease. However in the meantime, to keep you making and mending, Asma has made a series of 'how to videos'.View
International Women’s Day at Poplar Works with Sass Herbert1:00 pm
Spoken Word Artist and local resident Sass Herbert shares her latest work with the Poplar Works community on International Women's Day.View